Programming is one of the most resourceful skill you should have as a millennial. If you are good at programming, there will be abundance of opportunity for you.
If you are a beginner and struggling through your programming journey, then this article is for you.
Most of us don’t really know the proper way to learn programming and then they get confused and struggle to grasp the basic concepts of a Programming Language.
Today, we will go through the 5 step process which will guide you and pave the way for you to make your programming experience much better.
How to Learn Programming
- Why do you want to learn Programming – The first step in learning Programming is to ask yourself that why do you want to learn it and this is the most important and underestimated step in learning Programming.
If you do not have a good and substantial reason for Programming, then probably you will lose motivation and quite very easily.
But if you have a substantial reason, whether you want to make an app, website, software or you want to crack a coding interview or you just want to score good marks in your class.
It should be good enough to drive you towards your goal. If you want some good reasons to learn coding, then visit here.
- Choose the Programming Language – The next important step is to choose your Programming Language. You should wisely choose the programming language you want to learn.
The programming language you choose should be based on many factors. Like – It’s popularity, future scope and much more. If you want to know the top 10 Programming languages for future. Then visit here.
But if you are beginner and starting into Programming, then C or C++ is best for you. As it will make your computer fundamentals much clear. With C and C++, you will know how the memory actually works and how to efficiently perform memory management.
In C++, you will learn a lot about object oriented programming. Most of the college’s and universities also teaches C and C++ as their first Programming Language. It is a common say, that if you can learn C++, then you can learn any Programming Language.
- Data Structure and Algorithms – Now that you are comfortable with a Programming Language, you are good to start your Data Structure and Algorithms. Learning Data Structure is the most important and comparatively difficult step in learning Programming.
Data Structure will help you in improving your Problem Solving Skills. Algorithm will teach you the multiple way of solving the same problem and then choosing the most efficient one out of them.
So, to be better programmer Data Structure and Algorithms are must. For complete information visit here.
- Be Consistent – Consistency is the key to be a good programmer. If you are not good at programming, but you are still consistent to it. Then one day you will be a great programmer for sure.
Even experienced programmers lag somewhere when they are not consistent to programming. So, you must code each and everyday, and daily improve your coding skills.
- Make Some Projects – Making some projects is the best way to check your coding and problem solving skills.
After learning Programming and Data Structures, you are good to build your projects. Projects can be of any type. Like it can be a web app, mobile app or just a game. But it should be challenging enough to test your coding skills.
After you have build some good projects. Then you can show them in your portfolio, which will help you in getting more project from your clients. This way, you can generate handsome income with your skills.
So, these are some steps which are necessary to be followed, if you want to be a good programmer. Make sure that Programming needs hard work and consistency. If you are passionate and have patience to not quite, then you will be a excellent programmer for sure.