Search Engines are the crucial part of our life. Our best companion, who can answer any of our questions in no time are Search Engine. Without Search Engine, we can’t expect our life to be as cinch as now.
The tech giant which already have monopolized the Search Engine market is Google. It is so much popular, that most of us use the term Google it! as a synonym of search it!.
There is no other search engine which can compete with Google. But still there are some limitation in Google search engine, Like – privacy breach, which is the business model of search engine “DuckDuckGo”. So, considering DuckDuckGo search engine can helpful if privacy matter to you.
Do you know that Google keep track of each and every task you perform in Internet. Like – how much time you spend in perticular website or page, which ads do you click, what is your interest.
Google collects data from the websites you visit and use it for there advertisement and your recommendation system. So, if you use google, then your data is no more your.
As google uses Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for their searches and recommendation system. So, data is the main resource of Google, which it takes from us(with or without permission).
But on the other hand, these limitations of Google are the main feature and business model of DuckDuckGo. If you are a kali linux user, then you must have heard about DuckDuckGo as it is the default browser in many it.
DuckDuckGo is a search engine, which shows the results of your searches like Google. But unlike Google, it shows you the unbiased and 100% organic results. With DuckDuckGo, you can do more cool task more efficiently than you can in google. You will learn more about it below.Also Read: What is Machine Learning | How can you learn it?
In DuckDuckGo, privacy is the main concern. As the tagline of DuckDuckGo itself says “The search engine that doesn’t track you”. So, In the world of Internet, if privacy concern you, then you should definitely go with DuckDuckGo.
DuckDuckGo is also known as the search engine of hackers. Because In DuckDuckGo, the first preference is always given to privacy. The most popular search engine like – Google, Yahoo, Bing always track your activities and use this data for the advertisement purpose.
DuckDuckGo vs Google
- Google keeps track of each and every task you perform in Internet. Whether it’s a click of button or time span in a particular page. But with DuckDuckGo, you are completely anonymous. No one track your activities if you use DuckDuckGo.
- Google shows you the biased results which means it doesn’t shows 100% organic results because it shows the results based on your interest and also take other variables like your location, which makes there result biased. Whereas In DuckDuckGo, search results are 100% organic, without taking any variable into concern. It means that the result which is shown to the person in USA, the same result will be shown to person in India. So, if you want the results to be unbiased then use can DuckDuckGo.
- A great part of revenue is generated with advertisement in Google. Which means that Google is selling our personal data to other companies for advertisement purpose. Whereas In DuckDuckGo, the revenue is generated based on the keyword you typed, not by using your personal data. Make sure that DuckDuckGo also uses the advertisement for their revenue. But here advertisement is shown based on the keywords you types, not on based of your location or history. Like – if you typed camera, then it will show you the camera with unbiased results.
- The total number of employees in Google are 98 thousand. Whereas In DuckDuckGo, total number of employees are just 130 but still ranks 5th among it’s competitor because of it motto which is privacy.
- In Google, Total number of searches in a day are 3.5 billion. Whereas In DuckDuckGo total number of searches are 30 million. The popularity of DuckDuckGo is increasing with the rate of 22% every year, which makes the chances of DuckDuckGo to be good competitor of Google in future.
There are some amazing features of DuckDuckGo unavailable in Google, which we have elucidated below.
Top 12 features of DuckDuckGo
- Typing !bang in DuckDuckGo will redirect you to a page where you will get the shortcut of 1000’s of popular websites and you can easily access it. Using !(exclamation) sign, you can access the website with its shortcut. Like !a for Amazon, !yt for YouTube, !tw for twitter, !fb for Facebook, . You can also directly type your search query with it. Like “!yt Programming” will show you the programming videos on YouTube.
- You can check the status of any website. Whether it is Up or Down, with its response time also by simply typing “is thecoderpedia.com down”.
- You can directly search the social profile of any person with DuckDuckGo search engine by typing @ and your keyword. Like – @coderpedia will display you the profile with number of follower with getting into it.
- You can generate the figlet of any text by typing “figlet Text”. Like – figlet Coderpedia.
- To see the calendar of current month. Simply type “calendar”. By typing “calendar month year”, you can view the calendar of that particular month.
- You can change the case of your text with DuckDuckGo. To make the text to uppercase, use “uppercase text” and to make the text title case use “titlecase text”.
- Typing “stopwatch” will show you the stop watch, which you can use anyway.
- You are confused while generated the good secure password. You can take the help of DuckDuckGo. By typing “password 10”, it will generate you the random password of 10 digit.
- To know the weather in a particular location, you can type in weather in your location. Like – “weather in Delhi”. It will show you the complete weather information of Delhi.
- Sometime you come up with the short URL, which you are scared of opening because of security purpose. Then you can use DuckDuckGo for expanding the shorten URL. Like – “expand https://goo.gl/h54h” will expand this shorten URL.
- You can also shorten any URL with shorten command. Like – “shorten thecoderpedia.com” which will shorten this URL.
- You can easily calculate loan with the help of loan command. Like- “loan RS 1000000 at 5% for 10 years” will give you the result Rs 10,606.55 for 10 years.
There are many more helpful features like these available in DuckDuckGo.
So, what do you think ? Will DuckDuckGo replace Google search engine in future? I will be happy to see your comment and views.